Faculty or Staff Members
Vanderbilt University faculty, staff, and their spouses may take courses for undergraduate college credit through the Division of Unclassified Studies, so long as they are not pursuing a degree at Vanderbilt. Faculty, staff, and their spouses must apply and be accepted to the Division of Unclassified Studies prior to registering for courses. All regular admission criteria apply to students in this category.
Vanderbilt University faculty, staff, and their spouses who qualify can receive a tuition discount for one three-credit course each semester (including a fourth credit for lab, if required) and up to three courses per school year. Faculty and staff should contact the HR Benefits Office for more information concerning this option. Allow at least 60 days to process a tuition discount request.
Instructions for Completing the Application
- Complete the Adult Learner application online. For assistance with the online application, please review the DUS Application User Guide.
- Request an official transcript from each school you have attended.
- To be considered for admission, application and supporting materials must be received in the Office of the University Registrar one week before classes start for the term or session you wish to attend.
Admitted StudentsOnce accepted to the Division of Unclassified Studies, faculty and staff are responsible for the following:
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA and earn no grade lower than a “C” in a course taken while enrolled in the Division of Unclassified Studies.
- Meet all prerequisites for courses in which you hope to enroll.
- All tuition and fees must be paid in full by the published payment deadlines. Registrations are subject to cancellation for students with balances due past the deadline for each term.