The Division of Unclassified Studies provides an opportunity for adults who wish to enroll in an undergraduate course at Vanderbilt for personal enrichment. In addition, students who have graduated from college may enroll as adult learners to complete prerequisites for a future graduate or professional program.
Students who have been denied admission to one of Vanderbilt’s undergraduate or graduate/professional schools are not eligible to enroll in the Division of Unclassified Studies for one year after the term for which they were denied admission to the degree-granting school.
Instructions for Completing the Application
- Complete the Adult Learner application online. For assistance with the online application, please review the DUS Application User Guide.
- Request an official transcript from each school that you have attended.
- To be considered for admission, application and supporting materials must be received in the Office of the University Registrar one week before classes start for the term or session you wish to attend.
Once accepted to the Division of Unclassified Studies, Adult Learners are responsible for the following:
- Meet all prerequisites for courses in which the student expects to enroll
- Maintain a 2.0 grade point average and earn no grade lower than a C on courses taken while in the Division of Unclassified Studies
- Pay tuition and fees by the payment deadline (registrations are subject to cancellations for students who have not paid in full by the payment deadline)
- Enroll in courses at the undergraduate level
Students who do not meet the above requirements will be ineligible to continue enrollment in the Division of Unclassified Studies.