Vanderbilt University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to verify enrollment and degrees for all third-party vendors.
The Office of the University Registrar can provide verification of enrollment for health insurance companies, scholarship agencies, potential employers, credit agencies, etc. The most common reason students request an enrollment certification is to defer student loans.
Enrollment certification letters include:
- Dates of attendance
- Enrollment status (full-time, half-time, less than half-time)
- Anticipated graduation date
Students may request the release of additional information with the certification request form. To comply with FERPA regulations, a signed request must be submitted to the Office of the University Registrar before the following information can be released:
- Good standing
- Good student discount statement
When submitting a request, specify the term(s) for which the certification is being made, and include the following information:
- Full legal name
- Complete address or fax number where the certification should be sent
- Phone number where you can be reached from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Central Time
- Enrollment certifications requested for health insurance purposes should include the policy holder’s name and policy number.
Enrollment certifications may be requested via:
- Phone: (615) 322-7701 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Central Time
- Fax: (615) 343-7709
- Email: email@example.com
- Office of the University Registrar
Nashville, TN 37240-7701