Skip to main content



Please print a copy of the Transcript Request Form to order your transcript(s). There is no additional fee for a transcript. All students are assessed a one-time lifetime transcript fee during their first semester. Vanderbilt University only issues official transcripts.

You may mail, fax, hand deliver, or email your signed transcript request to the Office of the University Registrar on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

  • Office of the University Registrar
    Vanderbilt University
    PMB 407701
    Nashville, TN 37240-7701
  • 110 21st Avenue South, Suite 110
  • Phone: (615) 343-8221
  • Fax: (615) 322-5294
  • Email:

Transcript orders are usually processed within 2 business days of receipt. Secure electronic delivery is available for all students entering Vanderbilt from Fall 1979 to present. For transcripts to be sent via U.S. Mail, please allow sufficient time for delivery.

If you need to confirm that a transcript was received, please contact the intended recipient of the transcript. Our office does not receive a confirmation when a transcript has been delivered.

Current Students

Please order your transcripts online in YES (Your Enrollment Services). For help using YES, please see the YES Transcript user guide.

If there is a hold on your account a message will display when you submit your transcript request. To remove the hold, the message will direct you to the appropriate contact.

If you have an enclosure, such as a Law School Admission Council (LSAC) form or an AMCAS form, please bring the form to our office. This form will serve as your transcript request. There is no need to enter a request online.

Students who select delivery through mail or Federal Express may choose to hold delivery until all grades or degrees are posted. 

Students who select processing “as soon as possible” and students who select Secure Electronic Delivery are advised to review their academic record via the Access to Academic Information application in YES to ensure that all desired grades have been posted.

For more information about Secure Electronic Delivery of your official transcript, please see Secure Electronic Delivery FAQ.

If you have additional questions regarding ordering transcripts online through YES, please call our office at (615) 343-8221 or email


University policy prohibits issuing transcripts to any student with outstanding financial obligations to the university. Questions regarding your student account should be directed to (615) 322-6693 or (800) 288-1144.

For more information on holds, please click on the following links:
Directory Hold
Student Accounts Hold
Student Loans Hold
University Registrar's Hold

Pick Up in Office

Students presenting a driver’s license, passport, or Vanderbilt ID may pick up a transcript in the Office of the University Registrar during regular business hours.

If the student is unable to pick the transcript up, and a secure electronic PDF transcript will not suffice, the student must make prior arrangements with our office by signing a Third Party Release authorizing another individual to pick up the transcript. The release should be sent directly to our office the day before the transcript will be picked up. The individual who is designated to pick up the transcript will be required to present a driver’s license or passport to pick up the transcript.

Special Delivery

Special delivery is available through Federal Express if you provide a Federal Express account number, the destination name, street address, phone number, and type of delivery (Priority, Overnight, or 2 Day). Federal Express will not deliver to a P.O. Box.

Transcript Key

To view the current and prior grading systems, click here.