Consortium Student Information
Applying for Admission to Vanderbilt University as a Consortium Student
- Please contact your home school registrar for information about the application process for admission to Vanderbilt University as a Consortium student.
- Complete the Consortium Application and return it to your home school registrar.
- A consortium application is needed for each semester at Vanderbilt.
Admitted Students – Important Information for First-Time Consortium Students at Vanderbilt
- Upon admission as a Consortium student at Vanderbilt, you will receive an email from the Office of the University Registrar with instructions on how to create your VUnetID.
- You must activate your VUnetID to gain access to Brightspace, the schedule of classes, YES, and, if necessary, purchase a parking permit. All vehicles parked on campus must be registered with the Vanderbilt Parking Services.
- A Commodore Card will be required to access the library and to enter some buildings and labs.
- Policies outlined in the Student Handbook and Acceptable Use Policy for Computing Privileges and Responsibilities apply to all consortium students.
- Attend only classes for which you are registered. You will not receive credit for a class for which you are not officially registered.
- All official communication from Vanderbilt will be sent to your Vanderbilt email account.
- If you are planning to enroll at Vanderbilt as a Consortium student for a subsequent semester, please remember to process your class requests through your home school registrar.
Dropping and Adding Vanderbilt Courses
- Please contact your home school registrar who will process this request for you.
- When making an adjustment to your class schedule, it is important to be aware of the schedule adjustment deadlines at Vanderbilt. Please see the appropriate school’s academic calendar for more details.
- The final grade for your class(es) will be sent to your home school and reflected on your home school transcript. Consortium students do not have a Vanderbilt transcript.
- The Office of the University Registrar at Vanderbilt does not release grade information to Consortium students.
YES (Your Enrollment Services)
- Building and room numbers appear with your class schedule in YES under the “Student Schedule” header.