You have indicated an interest in pursuing an intra-university transfer to the School of Engineering.
You are to discuss this intended transfer and its consequences with Dean Art Overholser, 615-343-3773. Call now to ensure that you make an appointment. Because your application will not be considered until grades for the current semester are available, please register through the school in which you are currently enrolled.
Your application for intra-university transfer is to include a written statement in which you indicate your reasons for seeking transfer. Please use the space provided on the back of the application form for your statement. Courses not accepted for credit by the School of Engineering will not be counted in determining grade point average and class standing. Your request for intra-university transfer will be approved when you have met the appropriate credit hour and grade point average requirements as indicated below:
- A student who has been in residence for two semesters is to have a minimum of 24 hours and a cumulative grade point average of at least 1.800 in transferable work to be admitted.
- A student who has been in residence for three semesters is to have a minimum of 39 hours and a cumulative grade point average of at least 1.850 in transferable work to be admitted.
- A student who has been in residence for four semesters is to have a minimum of 54 hours and a cumulative grade point average of at least 1.900 in transferable work to be admitted.
- A student who has transferred to Vanderbilt from another institution is eligible for intra-university transfer after having completed one semester in residence and having achieved sophomore standing.
- A student must complete two semesters of college calculus and one semester of calculus-based physics before transferring to the School of Engineering.