Arts and Science Letter
You have indicated an interest in pursuing an intra-university transfer to the College of Arts and Science. Because your application will not be considered until grades for the current semester are available, please pre-register with the school in which you are currently enrolled.
In order to prepare for intra-university transfer, please attend a meeting on Tuesday, April 10th at 4 p.m. in Buttrick 309. Dean Moore will be available to answer questions about degree requirements and registration for the fall semester.
Your application for intra-university transfer is to include a written statement in which you indicate your reasons for seeking transfer. Please use the space provided on the back of the application form for your statement. Courses not accepted for credit by the College of Arts & Science will not be counted in determining grade point average and class standing. Your request for intra-university transfer will not be approved until you have met the appropriate credit hour and grade point average requirements as indicated below:
- A student who has been in residence for two semesters is to have a minimum of 24 hours and a cumulative grade point average of 1.800 in transferable work to be admitted.
- A student who has been in residence for three semesters is to have a minimum of 39 hours and a cumulative grade point average of 1.850 in transferable work to be admitted.
- A student who has been in residence for four semesters is to have a minimum of 54 hours and a cumulative grade point average of 1.900 in transferable work to be admitted.
- A student is to have met all freshmen admissions requirements of the College of Arts and Science.
- A student who has transferred to Vanderbilt from another institution is eligible for intra-university transfer after having completed one semester in residence and having achieved sophomore standing.
Transferring from one school of the university to another within the university may result in the loss of credit hours and/or affect financial aid. All Arts and Science students must complete 102 hours in Arts and Science courses (or 90 hours in Arts and Science courses if they have a second major in another school). If you require financial assistance as a result of transferring from your current school into another, please contact the Office of Financial Aid, 615-322-3591.