Blair School of Music Letter
You have indicated an interest in pursuing an intra-university transfer to the Blair School of Music. Because your application will not be considered until grades for the current semester are available, please pre-register with the school in which you are currently enrolled. You may obtain advice regarding proposed coursework from Dean Melissa Rose.
In order to be considered for intra-university transfer, please contact Dean Rose for an appointment at 615-322-7693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application for intra-university transfer is to include a written statement in which you indicate your reasons for seeking transfer. Please use the space provided on the back of the application form for your statement. Your request for intra-university transfer will be approved if you meet audition, credit hour and grade point average requirements.
- A student is to audition with the Blair School of Music. Auditions are arranged through Molly Jewell, Assistant Director of Blair Admissions, at 615-322-6181 or email@example.com.
- A student who has been in residence for two semesters is to have a minimum of 24 hours and a cumulative grade point average of 1.800 in transferable work to be admitted.
- A student who has been in residence for three semesters is to have a minimum of 39 hours and a cumulative grade point average of 1.850 in transferable work to be admitted.
- A student who has been in residence for four semesters is to have a minimum of 54 hours and a cumulative grade point average of 1.900 in transferable work to be admitted.
- A student who has transferred to Vanderbilt from another institution is eligible for intra-university transfer after having completed one semester in residence and having achieved sophomore standing.
Transferring from one school of the university to another within the university may result in the loss of credit hours and/or affect financial aid. If you require financial assistance as a result of transferring from your current school into another, please contact the Office of Financial Aid, 615-322-3591.