Returning to Vanderbilt
Undergraduate students seeking to return to the university after an extended absence, or those who were dismissed from the university for academic reasons, may apply for reinstatement. Students should submit the Application for Reinstatement and all related materials to the Reinstatement Coordinator in the Office of the University Registrar.
via postal mail:Reinstatement Coordinator
Office of the University Registrar
Nashville, TN 37240-7701
via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
via fax: (615) 343-7709
DeadlinesAll materials must be submitted to the reinstatement coordinator by the following dates:
Blair School of Music
College of Arts and Science
School of Engineering
Before Submitting an Application
If you were suspended or dismissed from the university for academic reasons, please read the original dismissal letter for specific details on when you are permitted to apply for reinstatement and what is required in order for you to return. If you were suspended from the university for disciplinary reasons, please read the original suspension letter for any special requirements for reinstatement imposed by the Office of Student Accountability, Community Standards, and Academic Integrity. If you have any questions about your eligibility to return to Vanderbilt, please contact the Dean's Office of the school to which you are applying for reinstatement.
Blair School of MusicDean Melissa Rose
Peabody CollegeDean Craig Smith
College of Arts and ScienceDean Roger Moore
School of EngineeringDean Art Overholser
Instructions for Completing the Application
- Download the application for reinstatement and save.
- Complete the application, including personal statement and signature.
- Request two letters of recommendation to be sent directly to the reinstatement coordinator. These letters, one of which must be from your employer, if applicable, should speak to your readiness to return to Vanderbilt and successfully complete your program of studies (e.g., by discussing your maturity, work ethic, sense of responsibility, etc.).
- If applicable, request an official transcript from each school that you attended during your absence from Vanderbilt. Transcripts should be submitted directly to the reinstatement coordinator.
- Submit application and all related materials to the reinstatement coordinator