Transferring Between Vanderbilt Schools
Undergraduate students in the College of Arts and Science, Blair School of Music, School of Engineering, and Peabody College may request a transfer between the schools. Students are eligible for intra-university transfer after having been enrolled on a full-time basis at Vanderbilt for two semesters. Students who transferred to Vanderbilt from another institution are eligible for intra-university transfer after having completed at least one full semester at Vanderbilt and having achieved sophomore standing. To be eligible for transfer, students must meet the requirements of the school they wish to enter.
Students who want to transfer to another school within the university must complete the intra-university application and submit it to the Office of the University Registrar.
- Campus Mail: PMB 407701
- Fax: 615-343-7709
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hand-Deliver: 110 21st Avenue South, Suite 110
After grades are posted for the semester, your application and transcript will be reviewed and your request will be approved or denied.The Office of the University Registrar will notify you of the school's decision via email. Please submit only one application per transfer semester. Please be aware that if you do not meet the criteria for a transfer one semester, you may reapply the following semester, if you become eligible. Before completing an application:
- Check the front page of the application form to determine if you meet the minimum hours and grade point average requirements to request a transfer.
- Talk to someone in the associate dean's office of the school in which you are currently enrolled.
- Read the letter on this website from the school to which you are applying that outlines further steps you must complete.
- Download the application and save.
- Click in the blue boxes to fill in your information.
- Print the application.