Home » Transcripts
Please print a copy of the Transcript Request Form to order your transcript(s). There is no additional fee for a transcript.
You may mail, fax, or hand deliver your signed transcript request to the Office of the University Registrar on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Vanderbilt University
Office of the University Registrar
110 21st Avenue South
Nashville TN 37240-7701
- Phone: (615) 322-1800
- Skype Account: vanderbilt.universityregistrar
- Fax: (615) 343-5035
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you cannot print a copy of the transcript request form, please include the following information in a letter and mail the request to the address above:
- Full Name (include previous name)
- Social Security Number (optional)
- Date of Birth
- Phone Number(s)
- Mailing and E-mail addresses
- Address where your transcript should be mailed
- Vanderbilt school you attended
- Number of transcripts needed
- Your Legal Signature (Federal law requires us to obtain your legal signature before releasing your academic record.)
Transcript orders are usually processed within 2 business days of receipt.
Special delivery is available through Federal Express if you provide a Federal Express account number, the destination name, street address, phone number, and type of delivery (Priority, Overnight, or 2 Day). Federal Express will not deliver to a P.O. Box.
At this time, we are unable to send transcripts via e-mail.
Cost of Official Transcripts:
All students are assessed a one-time lifetime transcript fee during their first semester. There is no additional fee for a transcript.
All transcripts are printed on security paper and mailed in sealed envelopes with the University Registrar’s signature across the back flap.
Outstanding Financial Obligation:
University policy prohibits issuing transcripts to any student with outstanding financial obligations to the University. Questions regarding your student account should be directed to 615-322-6693 or 1-800-288-1144.
Currently Enrolled Students:
- Please order your transcripts online in YES (Your Enrollment Services). Once you have logged in, click the TR Transcript Request link.
- The application will require you to enter your phone number in case we need to reach you regarding your transcript request.
- Please enter the Number of Copies that you need.
- Disregard the Enclosure Included box. If you have an enclosure, such as a Law School Admission Council (LSAC) form or an AMCAS form, please bring the form to our office. This form will serve as your transcript request. There is no need to enter a request online.
- Select a processing option.
- In most cases you will want to send your transcript as soon as possible.
- If you would like to hold your transcript until your grades for the current semester are posted, select when all grades are posted for this term.
- If you would like to hold your transcript until your degree is posted, select when degree is earned.
- If you request to pick up your transcript in our office, please note that the transcript will be held for pick up for 30 days after which the transcript will be shredded. Pick up transcripts are available on the day of the request.
- If you have an urgent transcript request, you may request that it be sent by Federal Express by providing a Federal Express account number, by specifying the type of service (FedEx Standard, FedEx Priority, or FedEx 2 Day), and by providing a complete delivery address along with the recipient’s phone number. Federal Express will not deliver to a post office box.
- Click Save to submit your transcript request. If you have additional transcript requests, please click Send Another.
Once you have submitted your transcript request, you may view the status of the transcript request in the Document Request History log. Please click on the triangle which points to the right, and a log of your transcript requests will be displayed.
The transcript log will display types of records that have been processed for you: transcripts, enrollment certifications, and degree certifications. The delivery method is displayed along with the first line of the address to which the transcript or certification was sent.
The status will indicate whether or not the transcript was processed. If a transcript has been processed, the transcript has been printed and sent to the requested address. The requestor is the VUnet ID of the individual ordering the request. The request date is the date the request was saved within the system.
Most transcripts are processed within one business day after the request was submitted. If there is a hold on your account, a message will display when you submit your transcript request advising you that the hold is preventing us from processing your transcript request and will advise you whom you should contact regarding the hold. For more information on holds, please click on the following links:
If you need to confirm that a transcript was received, please contact the intended recipient of the transcript. Our office does not receive confirmation when a transcript has been received.
If you have additional questions regarding ordering transcripts online through YES, please call our office at 615-322-1800 or send an email to email@example.com