Home » VA Educational Benefits
VA Educational Benefits
To Apply for VA Educational Benefits
Students should request a certificate of eligibility (COE) from the VA (1-888-442-4551)
Applying for Initial VA Educational Benefits at Vanderbilt
The following documents are required to begin your VA educational benefits:
- A copy of the DD-214 (discharge papers)
- Transcripts from all previous institutions
- A copy of the most recent Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- A VA-1 Form for Chapter 33 or a VA-1 Form for all other chapters.
- If you are requesting benefits from the yellow ribbon program, please complete the Yellow Ribbon Program Application.
Applying for Continuing VA Educational Benefits at Vanderbilt
Students receiving VA educational benefits must submit the following forms each semester in which they are requesting VA educational benefits.
VA-1 Form for Chapter 33 and the most recent Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
VA-1 Form and the most recent Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
All completed forms should be returned to the VA School Certifying Official in the Office of the University Registrar:
via postal mail:
VA School Certifying Official
Office of the University Registrar
Nashville, TN 37240-7701
via email only if using the secure file transfer process: [The secure file transfer process will require a student to enter the student's Vanderbilt email address followed by the student's epassword.]
If you have additional questions, please call our office at (615) 322-7701 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information on VA Educational Benefits Chapters