The Division of Unclassified Studies provides an opportunity for adults who wish to enroll in an undergraduate course at Vanderbilt for personal enrichment. In addition, students who have graduated from college may enroll as adult learners to complete pre-requisites for a future graduate or professional program.
Instructions for Completing the Application
- Download the Adult Learner Application and save.
- Complete the application, including personal statement and signature.
- Request an official transcript from each school that you have attended.
- Submit the application, along with the application fee ($50 USD), to the Office of the University Registrar:
Office of the University Registrar
Division of Unclassified Studies
110 21st Avenue South, Suite 110
Nashville TN 37240-7701
Once accepted to the Division of Unclassified Studies, Adult Learners are responsible for the following:
- Meet all prerequisites for courses in which the student expects to enroll
- Maintain a 2.0 grade point average and earn no grade lower than a C on courses taken while in the Division of Unclassified Studies
- Pay tuition and fees by the payment deadline (registrations are subject to cancellations for students who have not paid in full by the payment deadline)
- Enroll in courses at the undergraduate level