Home » Academic Records
The Office of the University Registrar provides certification of past or current enrollment dates. Requests may be made by phone, letter or fax. Enrollment certifications are often requested for health insurance companies, scholarship agencies, potential employers and credit agencies. Perhaps the most common reason students request enrollment certifications is to defer student loans.
Enrollment certification letters include:
- Dates of attendance
- Enrollment status (full-time, half-time, less than half-time)
- Anticipated graduation date
- Latest address on file
When a request is submitted and signed by the student, certification letters may also include GPA information. This additional release is necessary for things such as good-student auto insurance discounts.
When submitting a request, specify the term(s) for which the certification is being made, and include the following information:
- Full legal name
- Social Security number (if available)
- Complete address or fax number where the certification should be sent
- Phone number where you can be reached from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Central Time
- Enrollment certifications requested for health insurance purposes should include the policy holder’s name and Social Security number or policy number.
To make a request by phone:
(615) 322-7701 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Central Time
Skype account: vanderbilt.universityregistrar
Office of The University Registrar
110 21st Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37240-7701