Transient Student Information
Transient students may register for a maximum of two regular semesters and a summer term in the Division of Unclassified Studies (DUS). To be considered for admission to DUS, transient students must be in good academic standing at their home institution and be eligible to return to that institution. Transient students should work closely with their home institutions to assure that the course work they take at Vanderbilt is appropriate for transfer back to their degree programs. To apply for admission to the Division of Unclassified Studies as a transient student, the following must be submitted:
- Transient Application
- A $50.00 nonrefundable application fee
- Transcript Request Form to request official transcripts from all institutions attended
- Statement of Good Standing
- Housing application (available only to full-time students from outside the Nashville area)
While enrolled as a DUS student, the following standards must be maintained:
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA and earn no grade lower than a C on coursework taken while in the Division
- Meet all prerequisites for courses taken
- All courses taken for the purpose of transferring credit back to the home institution should be approved for transferability by that institution.
- All tuition and fees must be paid in full at the time of registration.
- Students who have an outstanding balance from a prior term must pay that balance in full along with the current term’s tuition before they will be permitted to register.
To send an official Vanderbilt transcript to your home institution, please complete the transcript request form below, or you may log in to YES and request a transcript online.
Please mark that you would like the transcript to be held until grades are submitted for the current semester.