To qualify as a pre-freshman student in the Division of Unclassified Studies a student must meet the following requirements:
- Be in good academic standing
- Be a rising junior or senior
- Be ranked in the upper 25% of the high school class
- Be recommended by his/her high school principal or guidance counselor
Course work done at Vanderbilt by pre-freshmen students will be credited toward the degree for those who may subsequently matriculate at Vanderbilt if the course work is applicable to the degree program of the student and is not required for high school graduation. Admission as a pre-freshman does not admit a student as a regular entering freshman, nor does it commit the University to a student’s admission.
To apply for admission to the Division of Unclassified Studies as a pre-freshman, the following documents must be submitted:
- Pre-Freshman Application
- A $50 nonrefundable application fee
- Pre-Freshman Recommendation
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA and earn no grade lower than a C on coursework taken while in the Division
- Meet any pre-requisites for courses taken
- All tuition and fees must be paid in full at the time of registration. Students who have an outstanding balance from a prior term must pay that balance in full along with the current term’s tuition before they will be permitted to register.
While enrolled as a DUS student, the following standards must be maintained.