The Division of Unclassified Studies provides an opportunity for high school students who meet certain criteria to enroll in undergraduate courses at Vanderbilt University while they are enrolled in high school.
A high school student seeking enrollment at Vanderbilt must be:
- In good academic standing at his or her school;
- A junior or senior;
- Ranked in the upper 25% of his or her high school class; and
- Recommended by the academic dean, school counselor, or other appropriate school official.
Each DUS student must also receive confirmation from his or her high school that courses taken at Vanderbilt fulfill high school graduation requirements.
Admission as a high school student through the Division of Unclassified Studies does not commit Vanderbilt to admitting a student through the undergraduate application process.
Instructions for Completing the Application
- Download the Pre-Freshman Application and save.
- Complete the application, including personal statement and signature.
- Request the high school official to complete the Pre-Freshman Recommendation form.
- Submit the application, along with a non-refundable $50 (USD) application fee, to the Office of the University Registrar:
Office of the University Registrar
Division of Unclassified Studies
110 21st Avenue South, Suite 110
Nashville TN 37240-7701
Once accepted to the Division of Unclassified Studies, high school students are responsible for the following:
- Meet all prerequisites for courses in which the student expects to enroll
- Maintain a 2.0 grade point average and earn no grade lower than a C on courses taken while in the Division of Unclassified Studies
- Pay tuition and fees by the payment deadline (registrations are subject to cancellations for students who have not paid in full by the payment deadline)
- Enroll in courses at the undergraduate level
Students who do not meet the above requirements will be ineligible to continue enrollment in the Division of Unclassified Studies.