Faculty or Staff Members
Faculty and staff of Vanderbilt University, and their spouses, who are not pursuing a degree, may take courses for college credit through the Division of Unclassified Studies. Faculty, staff, and their spouses must apply and be accepted to the Division of Unclassified Studies prior to registering for courses. All regular admission criteria apply to students in this category.
Vanderbilt University faculty, staff, and their spouses who qualify can receive a tuition discount for one three-hour course each semester (including a fourth hour for lab, if required) and up to three courses per school year. Faculty and staff should contact the HR Benefits Office for more information concerning this option. Allow at least 60 days to process a tuition discount request.
- Adult Learner Application
- Transcript Request Form to request an official transcript from each school you have attended.
While enrolled as a student in the Division of Unclassified Studies, the following standards must be maintained:
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA and earn no grade lower than a “C” in a course taken while enrolled in the Division of Unclassified Studies
- Meet all prerequisites for courses in which you hope to enroll
- All tuition and fees must be paid in full by the published payment deadlines. Registrations are subject to cancellation for students with balances due past the deadline for each term.
Course Audit Form for Full-Time Faculty and Full-Time Staff
Full-time faculty and full-time staff of Vanderbilt University, and their spouses, are permitted to audit one Vanderbilt course per semester. Tuition will be waived. The names of auditing students will not appear on class rolls. No official transcript will be kept. The faculty or staff member must be approved by HR under the guidelines of the Education Assistance Programs policy. Faculty or staff members must also have the approval of his/her supervisor. The Office of the University Registrar will determine whether or not the course can be audited, and will notify the auditing student if the audit request is approved. To apply to audit a course, please complete the following form:
All audit requests must be submitted to HR by:
- Fall semester: August 15th
- Spring semester: January 1st
- Full-term summer session: May 1st
- First-half summer session: June 1st
- Second-half summer session: July 1st