Home » Division of Unclassified Studies (DUS) » DUS FAQ


How can I be admitted as a DUS student?

Admission applications and related forms are available on this website, or by calling the Office of the University Registrar at 615-322-7701. Admissions decisions are based on the ability of the Division of Unclassified Studies to meet a student’s educational goals and needs and predictions for the student’s success in his/her proposed course of study.

All application materials should be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to the beginning of the term for which admission is sought. Application materials should be mailed to:

Division of Unclassified Studies
Vanderbilt University
Office of the University Registrar
PMB 407701
110 21st Avenue South, Suite 110
Nashville, TN 37240-7701

When the application is complete and the admissions committee has reviewed the file, the admissions decision will be mailed directly to the student.

How do I register once I am admitted?

Division of Unclassified Studies students register in the Office of the University Registrar. Students are mailed a registration packet each term that includes the date and time of registration. When making course selections, it is important to remember that students are responsible for meeting all prerequisites for Vanderbilt courses in which they hope to enroll.

How, when and where do I pay for my course(s)?

All students must pay their tuition and fees in full at the time of registration. Tuition payments can be made by cash, check, money order or funds transfer. Credit cards are not accepted for tuition payments.

Students enrolled in the Division of Unclassified Studies are not charged student activity or Recreation Center fees, and do not have access to the Recreation Center or student health services.

Division of Unclassified Studies students are not eligible for financial aid.

What is the Honor System?

All Vanderbilt University students are expected to abide by the Honor System. This involves students producing their own work without any help from any outside sources unless by acknowledgement as prescribed by a professor. The Honor System also applies to examinations, written work and computer programs submitted to a professor.